Thursday, August 11, 2011

Project: New Soaping Room!

When I started this business last year, I never imagined that it would grow so quickly and that I would actually have to move my production area from our kitchen to another location.  That other location is soon going to be my very own soaping room (shared with the newly remodeled laundry room, but hey - it's still a step up from the kitchen).  Don't get me wrong - I definitely have grand dreams of moving my business out of my house all together, and having a production studio and even a storefront someday.  But for now, I am more than happy to regain our kitchen as a place just to cook, and to finally have a designated space for my soapy creations.

The new soaping room/laundry room is still under construction, but a lot of progress has been made so far.  It is still a loooong way from being finished, but it's so exciting to see it taking shape!  I have lots of fun ideas about the final outcome of this room, and I thought it would be fun to document and share the remodeling process here.

This is what the room looked like before the remodel began:






I know...awful, right?  Well, even though there's a lot more to be done, I think the current state of the room is MUCH better than previously.  We have walls!  And lights!  LOTS of light!  It's definitely a step in the right direction.  Take a look for yourself:

Drywall is up!

Brand new, sparkling clean utility sink.

This cluttered area will be gone once
we install shelves above the washer
and dryer to hold all laundry supplies.

Lots of new recessed lighting!

Yay for storage! This area will have
shelves, cubbies, and other storage
to hold all of my soaping supplies.

This nook will be the "computer hub"
where all invoices and product labels
will be printed.

There is a whole other area of this room that I didn't photograph because it is currently cluttered with hardware supplies and hanging laundry.  Also, I apologize for the poor quality of the photos - most were taken from my phone.  But at least you get the idea.  It's finally starting to take shape!  We still need flooring, a drop ceiling, paint, etc. but it's definitely off to a good start.

Oh, and I almost forgot - here are two pictures of the amazing work counter that is going in the room (that is currently - and inconveniently - residing in our entryway).  The cabinets will be painted white, and the room is going to be painted an icy blue to pull out the hints of blue from the granite countertop:



That's it for now!  I'll be posting updates and pictures of this room as more progress is made, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, I'm once again off to the kitchen....not to cook, but to create some more fabulous products! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you. All that work is a sign of growth which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete