Friday, July 13, 2012

Water, Water Everywhere....

I walked into the newly remodeled Cherry Tree Soaps studio on a brisk January morning, ready to create some delightful soaps. However, I was literally stopped in my tracks when I saw water completely covering the brand new Pergo floors. My heart immediately skipped a beat..."What in the world?! Where is all this water coming from?" 

I immediately grabbed my phone and called my husband at work. I told him that the new soaping/laundry room was flooded, and that I thought he had better come home.

We've lived here over 8 years, and we've never had a problem with flooding in this area of our house. In fact, we felt pretty confident about completely finishing off this area, complete with drywall, floors, and ceiling. It could only be explained by the infamous Murphy's Law that we would have a flooding problem in this area after we decided to remodel it. Of course.

So, in an effort to try and keep this horribly long story a bit on the shorter side, I'll just say that my husband came home from work that day and he and I cleaned up the enormous mess of water. My dad came over later that evening to try and figure out what the problem was. We ended up finding out that as the snow kept falling and then melting, and then falling again, and then quickly melting again...not to mention the heavy rainfall we were experiencing...all of that excess water was coming in through a drainage pipe and had flooded the soaping room.

Months later, and more flooding incidents than I'd care to count, we were finally able to permanently resolve the problem. However, a large amount of my soaping supplies and ingredients had been damaged in the first flood, and those that weren't damaged were carefully packaged up and stored away until we could get this problem under control. So with a heavy heart, I had to put my beloved shop on hold, and had no choice but to keep it closed for the time being.

Well, I am happy to say that with the flooding issue now fixed, and after a LOT of work getting my studio set up again and product made...Cherry Tree Soaps is finally on the brink of reopening!

Here's a sneak peek at some of the fun products I've been creating...






Want to be among the first to know the Cherry Tree Soaps' Grand Reopening Date? Make sure to "like" our Facebook fan page and sign up to receive our newsletter so that you don't miss the announcement!

As always, thanks for reading...and thanks for being patient! We'll be back online soon!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment